Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Vanity Flair Plays Out...........


Girlfriends,  I love this funky painted and decal vanity paired with an antique pink vanity chair.... it's captivating and charming  for any little girl  

I thought I would share with you one of my own painting projects I did--while a humble addition was being added on last winter.  This alcove is an "Invitation-waiting-to-happen" for 4 little girls when they come to visit.  The girls love to open the drawers in hopes of finding glizzie new jewels........I find at my neighborhood Garage Sales.

The vanity was purchased at Past Basket about 10 years ago.  The chair was family from the late 1920's from, no-longer, Marshall Field & Co., Chicago.  The vanity mirror w/drawer was found in an antique shop in WI.  The decals on the legs and around the mirror were purchased from Michael's and the knobs are from Pottery Barn For Kids.  The really funky part came into play when I stapled-gunned the crystal beads that hang from
dresser and chair.


This was a fun project. A project that can be used over and over with each visit.



Talk again,

Denise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable.